Sweet Potato Reishi Quick Bread + Strawberry Chia Jam
What better way to start your week of right than with a super easy paleo quick bread recipe, featuring all the goodness of our Reishi Mushroom Elixir? This quick bread comes together in under an hour and the accompanying jam can be whipped up while the bread bakes. YUM!
Sweet Potato Reishi Quick Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x5 inch pan with coconut oil.
2. While oven is preheating, peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove sweet potatoes from heat, allow to cool to room temperature and mash.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt and Reishi Mushroom Elixir.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add mashed sweet potatoes, cashew butter, and melted butter and mix until combined. Add the coconut flour mixture and stir until evenly combined. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
Strawberry Chia Jam
1. Place strawberries in a medium saucepan over low heat. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they turn into a soupy consistency. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds. Let cool for 15 minutes.
2. Top quick bread with jam and enjoy!
This recipe comes to us from Sarah Greenfield of Fearless Fig. Check out her website and follow her on Instagram